Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday to my little monkey!


The flowers of late winter and early spring occupy places in our hearts well out of proportion to their size. ~Gertrude S. Wister

























The invite and keepsake document I created went out to all the monkeys in our forest of friends and family to celebrate Carter turning 2!



As I mentioned before, he really enjoys Curious George, especially the ooo-ooh and aaa-aah noises George makes! I couldn't wait to have the party at Watkins Park because of the great playground and miniature train ride! Then upon fining the book Curious George takes a Train Ride, it was a perfect match!


The day before the party was all cake decorating, oh how I couldn't wait for nap time that day to break out my Wilton cake tips and fun tools!





I started with two of Carter's favorite sweets, banana cake on the bottom layer and chocolate cake on top... mmmm! Gotta say he has good taste, and the recipes I found were a crowd stopper for sure!




I'm starting out small when it comes to fondant before I try to cover a whole layer with it. Maybe I'll try that with the next occasion, we'll see.








Love, love, loved the blue Sixlet candies I found at Michael's craft store, they were perfect!








Had to have the rice krispie treat monkey join in on the fun too!



The weather ended up holding out and we were able to to utilize the park! The boys couldn't wait for the train and carousel rides!










































Here comes the train!!!




















Carter enjoyed the ride, but boy did he have a death grip!











Waving to the animal farm on our journey




























































Happy 2nd Birthday to my little monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment