Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lined paper for Kindergarten

A profusion of pink roses bending ragged in the rain speaks to me of all gentleness and its enduring. ~The Collected Later Poems of William Carlos Williams


Ahh, this quote speaks to a lot of things, but I'm so grateful Mothers were born with these qualities too!  When it comes to doing homework with my preschooler I need all the gentleness and endurance I can muster sometimes :)  Practice and making it fun is the key... well, even bribery works wonders too (ie: after you complete this assignment then we can have snack).

I've been noticing it's a difficult task trying to find lined paper for Kindergartners.  I remember having tons when I was younger ( and oddly enough I remember the thin quality and discolored appearance too) and of course it was carried in typical stores back then, not like today's stores.  So until I'm enlightened on a store other than Education Etc. that charges an arm and a leg for things I'm going to try to print my own.

I came across this photo that I right-clicked and saved in 'My photos.'


Then I went to Microsoft Word, opened the photo, pushed 'Copy' and pasted a ton of them until my page looked like this.  Easy peasy as they all went right below each other on the page, so no work of lining everything up!

Ta-da!  These will tide me over until the Fall when I"m sure we'll go thru tons of it and I'll need a pad of lined paper; or stock up in erasers :)

To help my soon-to-be 5yr old get used to writing his name at the top of the page, I used 'Word Art' and slid 'Name:' on the top line to get him used to seeing it on everything he'll be writing on.  Now I'm on my way to making this writing letters thing a daily occurrence, wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment