Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wholesale Living

A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books. ~Walt Whitman

I grew up w/ my mom working at Price Club, now Costco, when I was younger so I was used to having a stockpile of food and household supplies on hand. If I had extra space for a separate freezer and larger pantry I would have the mini-grocery store in our house I was accustomed to when living with my parents.

Having a smaller house has limited me on storing everything, especially groceries. But now I'm home bound more often because I don't want to drag the boys shopping with me every week. We make a monthly run to Costco and it covers me with pantry staples (all the boys in the house go thru a case of applesauce cups in a month!), and also provides fun rainy day activities with things I have on hand anyway.

Photobucket



Don't know what I'd do on rainy days without that 15pk of of paper towels to make a tower with!

Photobucket

We go through paper plates in the summer because of eating outside anyway but they are also useful for disposable paint pallets and super cool sun visors too!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment