Monday, March 1, 2010

Flowers and Fireworks

"When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for the moment."...Georgia O'Keefe, New York Post (1946)


Photobucket

Just recently I came across a St. Patrick's Day container from 2 yrs ago that swore I'd use one day to hold flowers. So just this week I was able to afford some fresh cut flowers to adorn our home. Paying so much for these tiny creations that last but only a week or so... these are the times of winter I really miss my garden!

But as I marveled at their beauty I couldn't help but remember how I always associated flowers and trees as living fireworks.

Photobucket
When ever I saw trees by themselves I always pictured them rising up from the ground and bursting with color, especially in the Autumn months, that's a truly magical time for a tree! Driving down the road with rows of trees in full bloom of dazzling colors, it's just like a fireworks show, but you can enjoy it longer.

Flowers also have that same tendency...

Photobucket

Photobucket The stem rising up from the earth to then explode with numerous colors and designs, it's always fascinated me so I had to post about it and share in the 'explosions' of the bouquet I have on display.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket These golden fireworks are always my favorite at any event, they always remind me of weeping willows!


Photobucket


Hope you enjoyed the show! And may you enjoy your own little fireworks show each time you admire the flowers and trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment